Raw Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- Course/Dish: Cookies, Dehydrated
- Meals: Breakfast, Snack
- Main Ingredient: Lemon, Dates, Cranberry, Apple, Oats
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- Equipment Needed: Dehydrator, Food Processor
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Makes: 24 small or 12 medium sized cookies
Sometimes all it takes to let all those worries slip away is a delicious, freshly made, soft, chewy oatmeal cookie made with a handful of wholesome (yet totally yummy) ingredients, served with a tall glass of almond milk. In this recipe Tess Masters uses organic raw oat groats instead of processed and steamed rolled oats, and combines them with raw pecans, fresh apple, cranberries, raisins, dates, coconut oil, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla and the zest of fresh lemon. Dehydrate for 12 hours for a chewy, soft cookie, or leave in for 15+ hours if you'd like sometime a bit crunchier that will keep longer without spoiling in your pantry.
2 cups organic oat groats
1 cup raw pecans
1/2 cup firmly packed grated fresh apple (about 2 medium apples)
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup dried raisins
1/2 cup pitted dates roughly chopped
4 Tbsp organic unrefined coconut oil
3 - 4 Tbsp raw agave nectar depending on taste
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp alcohol free vanilla extract
1 - 1 1/2 Tbsp freshly grated lemon zest (1 medium lemon) depending on taste
a pinch of Celtic sea salt
1) Pulse the raw pecans a few times until roughly chopped. Empty them into a mixing bowl.
2) Place the oats in the food processor with the cinnamon, ginger, vanilla and sea salt and pulse a few times until well combined.
3) Add in the dates, apple, lemon zest, coconut oil and pulse again.
4) Transfer this mixture to a large bowl and fold through the remaining ingredients until a thick clustered "dough" forms.
5) Tweak the flavours to taste. You might want more agave, cinnamon or lemon zest.
6) Form this dough into medium sized cookies and place on mesh dehydrator sheets.
7) Dehydrate cookies at 100 degrees for 12 - 15 hours or more depending on your preference.