Raw Gluten Free Almond Bread
- Course/Dish: Appetizers, Dehydrated
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner, Snack
- Main Ingredient: Almonds, Flax
- Difficulty: Easy
- Equipment Needed: Dehydrator
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 1
- Makes: 1 small batch
This is a basic recipe for a raw bread made from almond flour. Completely gluten free. Add garlic, fresh or dried herbs, sun dried tomatoes, olives, etc. to add variety. Dip in a yummy raw soup, or use in an open-faced sandwich with avocado, tomato, sprouts, or a raw vegan cheese spread.
4 1/2 cups packed almond pulp (leftover from making almond milk)
1 ¼ cup olive oil (use as little as 1 cup but no less or the bread will be dry)
1/2 cup flax seeds ground into meal (3/4-1 cup meal)
2 tsp. Celtic sea salt
1) Mix almond meal and flax meal together by hand in a large mixing bowl.
2) Add the remaining ingredients and mix well with your hands.
3) Press onto a dehydrator tray lined with an excellent drying sheet. It should be about 1/4" thick. Use your hands to smooth it flat.
4)Before drying score the bread into 16 pieces (4x4), then flip the bread using another dehydrator tray on top, and remove the drying sheet.
5) Dry at 105 degrees for about 4-8 hours.