Raw Hot Fudge Sauce
- Meals: Snack
- Main Ingredient: Chocolate
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Makes: 1/2 cup
A fudge sauce so tasty and healthy you could drink it straight from the jar? This raw version by Erin Bosdet of Simply Dish definitely fits that bill. Healthy, decadent, and perfect for all of your fudgetastic chocolate drizzling needs. Spoon some over banana or coconut ice cream, freshly sliced fruit, pancakes or waffles, or try blending with nut milk for an instant chocolate milk or hot cocoa. Enjoy!
1) In a stainless steel bowl over a pot of simmering water, melt a quarter cup of coconut oil.
2) Once it has melted, remove from the heat and add in a quarter cup of raw cacao powder and a tablespoon of coconut nectar (or agave).
3) Give it a whisk and you’re done.
Note: the fudge sauce will harden as it cools – just like coconut oil… best to use it right away or store it and reheat by placing the mason jar in a bowl of warm water.