Raw Loulou's Raw Chocolate Banana Dessert
- Course/Dish: Puddings
- Meals: Snack
- Main Ingredient: Chocolate, Cashews, Avocado, Banana
- Difficulty: Easy
- Equipment Needed: Blender
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Serves: 2
This lovely chocolate banana pudding will become a raw dessert staple in your kitchen based on it's simplicity of ingredients, pure deliciousness, and the fact that it only requires one quick blend. The texture is rich and filling. The banana's themselves will lend a natural sweetness that can be kicked up a notch with a bit of maple syrup, honey or agave. Eat on it's own or layer it with chopped sweet fruit. Avocado isn't for savory dishes only! It makes an incredible base for raw puddings and pies.
2 ripe bananas
1 ripe avocado
1 T melted coconut oil
2 T carob powder
1T cacao powder
Drizzle of maple syrup to taste (or honey or agave)
1 T cashew nut butter (or your chosen nut butter)
cacao nibs for decoration
1) Firstly, I melted the coconut oil in a 'baine-marie' - (place a bowl with your coconut oil - solid- into a pan with hot water and gently heat until the oil has liquified as shown above)
2) Meanwhile, chop up the banana and avocado and add to your vitamix or high speed blender....
3) ....Then add the powders and nut butter......
4) .... Drizzle in some maple syrup to sweeten things up a little.....
5) ....Let the machine do it's magic and blend up until smooth ......
6) ....Slice up the other banana.......
7) .......Then simply layer the banana, chocolate mix, cacao nibs and drizzle in some more maple syrup.
8) ........ and there you have it. Leave in the fridge to set for at least 30 mins before consuming.