Raw Mango Coconut Balls
- Course/Dish: Cookies
- Meals: Breakfast, Snack
- Main Ingredient: Lemon, Mango
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- Equipment Needed: Food Processor
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Makes: 30 balls
Why do we love coconut balls so much? because they are such a cinch to throw together, can be made with a variety of ingredients on hand, and always hit the spot! This recipe by Tess Masters combines organic shredded coconut with pure pressed raw coconut oil, agave nectar, organic dried mango (without sulphur!) and freshly grated lemon zest. A little bit of the tropics all rolled up into a little bite sized bundle of bliss!
3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/3 cup extra unsweetened shredded coconut for rolling.
2 cups dried unsweetened unsulphured mango (soaked in some filtered water for about 1/2 an hour)
1/2 cup agave nectar
8 Tbsp cold pressed coconut oil.
2 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
1) Place all the ingredients in your food processor (except the extra 1/3 cup of coconut) and pulse into well combined.
2) You will know the mixture is ready when it congeals together and almost forms a ball.
3) Roll the mixture into small balls and roll in shredded coconut.
4) Freeze on a baking tray lined with parchment paper for about 20 minutes.
Store in a container in the fridge.
Makes about 30 depending on how large you like your balls! LOL! Oink Oink