Raw Mint Oreo Cookie Blizzards
- Course/Dish: Ice Cream
- Main Ingredient: Mint
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Equipment Needed: Blender, Dehydrator, Food Processor
- Serves: 4
Try this raw mint oreo cookie ice cream recipe! It takes a little time to make but worth every minute. This will impress all your cooked friends! :)
1/2 cup raw cashews
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup cacao powder
3 TBSP maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 large avocado, peeled and pitted
2 TBSP fresh mint leaves, chopped
2 TBSP agave nectar
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp pure mint extract
1 TBSP coconut oil, melted
Banana Soft Serve:
2 bananas, peeled and frozen
1. In a blender, blend the cashews into flour, pour into a bowl and set aside. Repeat with the rolled oats.
2. Add the salt and cacao powder to the bowl. Whisk to combine. Add the vanilla and maple syrup. Stir until the mixture becomes a thick, moist dough.
3. Between two sheets of parchment paper, roll the dough to about 1/4 inch thick. Using a small circle cookie cutter (about the size of a toonie) cut out as many cookies as you can. (You're just scoring it in the dough at this point).
4. Dehydrate at 110 degrees for 1 hour. Flip the cookies over and remove from the parchment paper. Continue drying for another 2 hours. Remove the cookies from the sheet and store in the refrigerator. If you don't have a dehydrator - 3 hours in the freezer work well to firm up the cookies.
1. Blend all ingredients, except the coconut oil, until smooth. Add the coconut oil and blend until just combined.
1. Spoon a small amount of the mint filling onto a cookie and place another cookie on top. Repeat with remaining cookies. Place all cookies in the freezer for about 20 minutes to firm up.
Banana Soft Serve:
1. In a blender or food processor, blend the bananas until a creamy, ice cream consistency is achieved.
2. Add 6 of the oreo cookies and blend for a few seconds to incorporate.
1. Spoon the soft serve mixture into four bowls and garnish with the remaining cookies.