Raw Rainbow Dream Cake
- Course/Dish: Cakes
- Main Ingredient: Cashews, Dates, Macadamia Nuts
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Cuisine: American
- Equipment Needed: Blender, Food Processor
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Serves: 4-6
Ulyana's labour of love, it's her rainbow dream cake! Cashews, coconut butter and fruit pigments blended into swirls of dreamy rainbow hues. You may find yourself just wanting to admire its beauty, but we assure you once the first bite is eaten you wont want to stop eating! Within this recipe you will also find lots of suggestions for creating vibrant colors naturally without having to relay on any artificial food dyes.
1 cup raw macadamia kernals or almonds
1 cup fresh medjool dates
¼ tsp sea salt
2 cups raw cashews, soaked for 1-4 hours (the longer you soak the easier it is to blend and you won’t need a high-powered blender)
1 tsp vanilla extract or bean
1/2 cup raw coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup raw honey/ agave/ maple syrup/ coconut sugar
1) In a food processor blend the macadamias, dates and salt until it’s at the texture or your preference. The mixture will form a sticky dough that can easily be pressed into a springform cake pan
1) In a high-powered blender process the cashews, coconut oil, sweetener and vanilla until creamy.
2) Choose your colours and blend in the fruits and powders starting with the lightest. I portioned the filling to mix the strongest colours separately. This is the longest process and I think I used about 20 different spoons!
3) Place in the freezer to set.
Ulyana's tips for creating various colors:
The four to five colours I used were green, deep purple, lilac, pink and yellow. I used my high-powered blender to emulsify the cashews into a thick cream filling then went about the messy and experimental process of blending healthy and natural colours. Here is the list of ideas I compiled…
For Green: spirulina, baby spinach, chlorella, and wheatgrass