Raw Salted Caramel Apple Dip
- Meals: Breakfast, Snack
- Main Ingredient: Lemon, Dates, Apple
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- Equipment Needed: Food Processor
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Makes: 2 cups
This is a fantastic and easy recipe that works great for children especially if you are looking for ways to get them interested in fruit. Cut up fresh applies, pears, or even celery sticks and scoop up this dense, creamy, sweet caramel dip. It has hints of lemon and vanilla and is made a bit richer with use of nut or seed butter. Soaking the dates beforehand will ensure a very smooth texture.
2 cups pitted Medjool dates
¼ cup raw nut or seed butter (almond, cashew, sesame tahini, sunflower)
4 tsp. fresh lemon juice
½ tsp. sea salt (or more to taste)
1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
soaking water as needed
1. Soak dates for at least 4 hours in water.
2. Drain dates, reserving the soak water.
3. Add dates to a food processor along with all other ingredients, except for soaking water. Blend on high until dates are smooth. Add soaking water, 1 tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached (for a sauce to pour or drizzle, add more water).
4. Store in an airtight glass container in the fridge for up to a week.