Raw Spaghetti Marinara
- Course/Dish: Main Course
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner
- Main Ingredient: Tomato, Zucchini, Dates, Basil
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: Italian
- Equipment Needed: Food Processor, Spiral Slicer
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 1.5, Phase 2
- Serves: 2
This recipe is simply classic and easy to prepare. For the noodles use spiralized zucchini or yellow summer squash, or a combination of the two for a variation of color. The sauce is a full flavored mix of tangy, sweet, and tasty! The cherry tomatoes combined with soaked sun dried tomatoes give the sauce a denser, more concentrated flavor and "cooked" texture. Using a bit of olive oil will add richness to your sauce, and including 1 fresh date will add the perfect amount of sweetness to balance the flavor. The zucchini noodles add a bit of crunch to the recipe which is a nice change from bland lifeless alternative of cooked gluten containing pasta. When it comes to spaghetti, raw is always better!
2 zucchini or yellow squash, made into pasta (instructions above)
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 cup sundried tomatoes, soaked in warm water if too hard and dry
1 cup basil leaves
1/2-1 small garlic clove
1 tbsp olive oil
1) Place sauce ingredients into a food processor and blend until well combined. Season to taste.
2) Toss zucchini noodles with marinara and top with more black pepper and crushed chili flakes.
Enjoy : )