Raw Spicy Corn Chips
- Course/Dish: Appetizers, Dehydrated
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner, Snack
- Main Ingredient: Zucchini, Flax, Corn
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Equipment Needed: Dehydrator, Food Processor
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 1.5
- Makes: 1 medium batch
Thin, crunchy raw vegan corn chips work perfectly to scoop up a chunky tomato salsa by the mouthful. The perfect appetizer or addition to a Mexican-themed meal!
2c corn nibs (I thawed frozen corn, but you could just cut directly off the cob too)
1 small zucchini (6" - the zucchinis at loblaws are so tiny right now!)
1 jalapeno pepper (small)
2 cloves garlic, derooted
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4c flax, ground
1) Throw everything but flax in a food processor, process until smooth-ish. Add flax and either mix in food processor or by hand if you're feeling ambitious (I wasn't).
2) Cover dehydrator trays with paraflex sheets and spread the corn chip batter evenly with a spoon (or a spatula, but I wasn't up to washing one).
3) Dehydrate at 125 F for 1.5-2 hours. Turn over onto mesh trays, use a dull knife to score the chip shapes (for easy breaking up after), ower temp to 108F and continue dehydrating overnight. Store in airtight containers.