Raw Stuffed Mushrooms
- Course/Dish: Dehydrated
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner
- Main Ingredient: Lemon, Cilantro
- Difficulty: Easy
- Equipment Needed: Dehydrator, Food Processor
- Makes: 20
Raw stuffed mushrooms are awesome for entertaining. They are best served right away.for a neat, chewy zingy exciting tiny morsel try dehydrating until they are very small and shrunken.
20 small fresh mushrooms (button mushrooms) (real normal mushrooms)
1/2 cup red pepper or yellow pepper (do not use green pepper)
2/3 cup pine nuts (or cashews in a pinch)
1-2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup fresh basil (packed) (or fresh cilantro)
1/2 cup fresh spinach (packed)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1. Clean all mushrooms with a dry tea towel or paper towel. Twist off stems. Separate stems from caps.
2. Place caps aside and reserve for later.
3. Throw clean mushroom stems into food processor. Add everything else to food processor EXCEPT RED PEPPER and EXCEPT MUSHROOM CAPS. Process until roughly chopped, resembling coarse pesto or a slightly chunky dip. Remove from food processor and set aside.
4. Place red pepper into food processor and pulse until lightly chopped. (Do not over-process.) Add chopped red peppers to previous mixture. Mix with a spoon.
5. Spoon the mixture into mushroom caps.
6. Dehydrate on high for 1.5 hours then reduce heat and dehydrate as high as rawfully safe for another 3-24 hours depending on how dehydrated you want them. Serve immediately after dehydrating.