Raw tuna salad recipe
- Course/Dish: Salads
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner
- Main Ingredient: Seaweed, Onion
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Equipment Needed: Food Processor
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Makes: 1 - 2
Laura-Jane of the Rawtarian introduced Raw tuna salad. It is an easy to make and very delicious salad! You can eat it with a crisp apple, enjoy on raw crackers, on top of salad, in a nori roll, or more...
2 cups sunflower seeds (soaked for at least 1-2 hours)
1 tablespoon (or a bit more) dulse (seaweed) (make sure to wet your dulse first with the lemon juice or apple cider vinegar)
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Chopped raw pickles (optional)
Chopped apples (optional)
1. Soak the nuts in luke-warm water for at least one hour to soften them. Rinse them well and discard all water.
2. Process all of the paste ingredients in a food processor on high until the mixture resembles a very smooth paste. You should not see any nut bits at all. You may need to stop and start and get in there with a spatula.
3. Eat right away or refrigerate to eat later. I prefer to keep the pate separate and I don't add any chunks (onions, celery, etc) until I'm ready to eat.
4. When you're ready to eat, serve your portion in a bowl. Then add some chopped onions, parsley, raw pickles or apples to suit your taste.
5. Enjoy on crackers, on top of a salad, in a nori roll, or more...