Raw Vegan Lemon Meringue Pie
- Course/Dish: Pies
- Main Ingredient: Lemon, Young Coconut, Cashews, Dates
- Difficulty: Easy
- Equipment Needed: Blender, Food Processor
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Makes: 1, 9 inch springform
A completely impressive and delicious raw vegan version of the eternally classy and sophisticated lemon meringue pie by Koko's Kitchen! This recipe calls for Irish Moss gel to create a nice thick, fluffy, mousse-like texture for the filling and meringue topping. Use turmeric powder for that fantastic pop of bright yellow color! Learn exactly how to make it by watching Kok's video here! You will also learn about more fun ways to use Irish Moss unrelated to food!
Raw Macadamia Nuts - 1 1/2 cups
Raw Cashews - 1/2 cup
Raw Shredded Coconut - 1 1/2 cups
Medjool Dates, soaked briefly in hot water - 3
Zest of One Lemon -
Irish Moss Gel - 1 cup
Lemon Juice - 1 1/4 cups (about 7/8 lemons)
Coconut Syrup - 1/2 cup + 2 TBSP
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Sea Salt - A Pinch
Coconut Meat from One Young Coconut - About One Cup
Coconut Water - 1 Cup
Irish Moss Gel - 1/4 - 1/3 Cup
Raw Cashews - 1/4 Cup
Coconut Syrup - 1/4 Cup
Coconut Butter - 1/4 Cup
Vanilla Bean Powder - 1/2 tsp
Sea Salt - 1/8 tsp
1) Combine all ingredients in food processor and pulse until mixture is crumbly and starts to stick together. Do not over process, as too much oil will be released from the nuts and you will end up with a nut butter.
2) Press into a 9-inch spring form pan. Place in the freezer as you prepare the filling.
1) Combine all ingredients in a high powered blender (ie. Vitamix) and blend thoroughly.
2) Pour over crust and let set in the fridge up to a few hours. The mixture will be a solid gel when set.
1) Combine all ingredients in a high powered blender (ie. Vitamix) and blend thoroughly. Pour into a container and let set in the fridge up to several hours.
1) Top the filling with the meringue and place in the fridge again until firm.
2) Remove from spring form pan, top with lemon slices and shredded coconut. Enjoy!