Raw Vegan Thin Mints
- Course/Dish: Chocolate
- Meals: Snack
- Main Ingredient: Chocolate, Mint
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- Equipment Needed: Blender
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Makes: 1-2 dozen depending on size of mold
These raw vegan thin mints are made with raw cacao butter, cocoa powder, coconut oil, maple syrup and organic mint extract. They are so gosh-darn good, that they really don’t need much of an explanation. I’m addicted.
* .5 C melted Cacao butter
* .5 C melted coconut butter (for a firmer thin mint, sub coconut butter/oil with cacao butter)
* .5 C maple syrup
* 1.5 C cacao powder
* sea salt to taste
* .75 C dehydrated coconut
* 1.5 C packed coconut meat
* 3 T coconut butter/oil
* 1 T maple syrup
* 1-2 packets of stevia
* 1.5 tsp mint extract
* .5 tsp spirulina (coloring agent)
* salt to taste
* Paper or silicone mini-baking cups
1) Stir all ingredients together in a bowl that is placed over a large pot of hot water. Set aside.
1) Blend all ingredients together until smooth. If need be, you may need to add a bit of water to keep contents in blender moving.
1) Line a miniature cupcake pan with baking cups.
2) Pour a small amount of chocolate in the bottom of each cup.
3) Next, drop a small amount of the mint mixture on top of the chocolate layer.
4) Cover mint mixture with more chocolate sauce. Once all cups have been poured, place in freezer to firm.