Scallion Ginger Almonds & Seeds
- Course/Dish: Appetizers
- Meals: Snack
- Main Ingredient: Almonds, Pumpkin Seeds
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Equipment Needed: Dehydrator
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 1.5
- Makes: 9 cups
A sweet and savory Asian inspired snack that is full of flavor & nutrition. I like to keep some in my purse as I never know when I might need a protein packed pick me up! They're great sprinkled on salads, too.
4 cups raw almonds, soaked for 12 hours
2 cups raw sunflower seeds, soaked for 4 hours
1½ cups pumpkin seeds, soaked for 4 hours
½ cup raw sesame seeds
¾ cup coconut aminos
¼ cup coconut nectar
1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
4 cloves of garlic, minced
3 scallions, finely chopped
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1) Drain and rinse your almonds and seeds.
2) Place in a very large bowl and toss with the sesame seeds.
3) In a separate, smaller bowl, combine coconut aminos, coconut nectar, ginger, garlic, scallions, salt and cayenne. Whisk together to create your marinade.
4) our over the almond and seed mixture and toss very well to coat. If time allows, place in the refrigerator and allow to marinate for 12 hours (otherwise you may proceed to dehydrating).
5) After marinating, drain out the liquid. Divide the almond and seed mix equally over 5 mesh dehydrator trays. Dehydrate at 110° for 24 hours. After 24 hours, toss the nuts a bit and dehydrate another 6-12 hours until very dry and crisp.