Sea Vegetable Sensation
- Course/Dish: Salads
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner
- Main Ingredient: Seaweed, Kale, MIso
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Equipment Needed: Blender
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 1.5
- Serves: 4-6
1 head of dinosaur kale, de-stemmed and thinly sliced
1/2 cup hijiki soaked at least 1 hour (2 cups after soaking)
1/4 cup kombu that has been soaked and finely chopped
1 cup sprouted quinoa* or white sesame seeds
1 sheet crumbled, raw nori
1 Tbs. grated ginger
1 Tbs. miso paste (mellow white is good)
1 Tbs. tamari
2 Tbs.raw, unrefined sesame oil
1/4 tsp. toasted sesame oil (this adds a great flavor punch)
juice of ½ orange (3 Tbs.)
¼ tsp. orange zest
juice of 1 lemon (3 Tbs.)
1 Tbs. tahini
optional: a squirt of agave or honey
top with tomatoes if desired
1. Drain the liquid off the soaked sea vegetables and put it aside or discard then rinse the sea vegetales well.
2. Blend everything except the kale, sea vegetables and sesame seeds in a blender until smooth.
3. Pour the sauce over the sea veggies, kale and seasame seeds and stir well.
4. Adjust tastes to your liking as desired.
*Note: To sprout quinoa, soak 1/2 cup for 1-2 hours, then pour into an Amazing Nut Milk Bag. Hang the bag from the drawstring and let the quinoa sprout overnight. Rinse again the following day and check for 1/2 inch tails. The whole sprouting time takes about 24 hours. Full of protein, enzymes and nutrients.