Shaved Asparagus with Mustard Seed Vinaigrette
- Course/Dish: Salads
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner
- Difficulty: Easy
- Equipment Needed: Blender
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Serves: 1
Yummy shaved asparagus, sliced radishes and a mustard seed vinaigrette. This salad makes a great accompaniment to any meal! Be warned, the dressing has a very bold mustard-seed flavor.
.5 bunch asparagus
Mustard Seed Vinaigrette- makes about 6 – 8 ounces
.33 C fresh orange juice
2 T white wine vinegar
.5 t brown mustard seed
.25 C olive oil
dash of stevia (maple syrup, dates, agave, etc…)
1) Wash asparagus and trim ends.
2) Using a vegetable peeler, peel the stems of the asparagus spears – starting under the bract. Save the bracts (tops) and set aside.
3) Thinly slice radishes.
Mustard Seed Vinaigrette
1) Blend all ingredients in a blender. Store in an air-tight jar.
1) In a large bowl, toss shaved asparagus, sliced radishes, coarse pepper, sea salt and vinaigrette.
2) Plate salad and garnish with asparagus bracts and orange zest.