Simple Summer Sundae
- Course/Dish: Ice Cream
- Meals: Breakfast, Snack
- Main Ingredient: Chocolate, Lemon Balm
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- Equipment Needed: Food Processor
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Serves: 1
Summer is all about life's simple pleasures. Enjoying the beautiful wonders of nature, eating lots of fresh fruits and veggies, stripping away all worries and fears (along with any cumbersome, heat inflicting clothing) and making the easiest most refreshing and cooling raw food recipes imaginable to beat the heat while keeping your body nourished. Try out this summertime sundae recipe by Lisa Pitman! It combines 3 ingredients that no one would turn down this time of year: frozen bananas, fresh cherries, and CHOCOLATE. Easy as 1, 2, 3!
1 cup cherries, pitted
2 ripe bananas, peeled and frozen
1 oz your favourite vegan chocolate
1) Blend the cherries in a food processor into a thick sauce. Add a little water if you need to get things moving. Transfer the sauce into the bottom of two martini or wine glasses.
2) Blend the frozen bananas in a food processor until a thick soft-serve consistency forms. Be patient and have faith.
3) Scoop the banana ice cream into the centre of the cherry sauce in each glass.
4) Roughly chop the chocolate and sprinkle it on top of each glass.
Serve with a smile.