Chris Anca of Tales of a Kitchen says, “this dip has a creamy consistency and is full of the best flavors on the planet: garlic, tamari, lemon, olive oil, mushrooms!” The perfect accompaniment to raw crackers especially when combined with tomatoes and red bell pepper. Cue the hungry tummy growls!
For marinated mushrooms:
2 big mushrooms, finely sliced
3 TBSP good olive oil (I used cold pressed extra virgin)
1.5 TBSP freshly squeezed lemon juice
½ tsp tamari (or nama shoyu, as you prefer)
1 small garlic clove, grated
½ tsp raw mustard (recipe here)
pinch sea salt
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 handfuls fresh spinach
½ cup chopped parsley
1 green onion, roughly sliced
5-6 TBSP good olive oil
pinch chili flakes
1) Slice mushrooms and place in a bowl.
2) In a separate small bowl, combine the ingredients for the mushroom marinade and pour on top of the mushrooms. Toss to coat.
3) Cover and set aside for 1 to 2 hours or even overnight, in the fridge.
4) Prepare the ingredients for the dip and add them to a food processor.
5) Add mushrooms to the food processor as well and blitz until it gets creamy, stopping and scraping the sides as needed.
Best served fresh but keeps well in the fridge for a couple of days.