Sunny Cashew Apricot Energy Bars
- Course/Dish: Cookies
- Meals: Breakfast, Snack
- Main Ingredient: Cashews, Dates
- Difficulty: Easy
- Equipment Needed: Food Processor
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Makes: 1 dozen
Delicious energy cookie bars with a chewy sweet consistency, perfect for travel or when you're on the run. This recipe by Amber Crawley is also a great one for kids, and if you add a bit of vegan protein powder it will also really help up their amino acids for the day. Simple, wholesome nutrition in a cookie-like energy bar!
1) Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the nuts are finely ground and the dates are well-incorporated.
2) Press the mixture into a wax-paper-lined 8- or 9-inch square pan and freeze for at least one hour.
3) When frozen, cut into 12 squares. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.