- Course/Dish: Appetizers
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner, Snack
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: Greek
- Equipment Needed: Food Processor
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 1
- Makes: 3 cups
In this recipe, chickpeas are replaced with sprouted sunflower seeds, while the rest of the recipe remains inline with tradition for a thick, flavorful and filling dip. Serve with local organic veggies, flax crackers or on top of fresh salads.
4 cloves garlic
1½ cups raw sunflower seeds, soaked for 4-6 hours in pure water, drained and rinsed well
½ cup raw sesame tahini
½ cup lemon juice
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup water
¾ teaspoon Himalayan salt
olive oil, paprika and/or parsley to garnish, if desired
1) Place garlic cloves in the food processor fit with the s-blade.
2) Process to chop finely.
3) Add all remaining ingredients (except garnishes) and process until smooth.
4) Scrape into a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika and chopped parsley.