Sunseed Stuffed Avocados
- Course/Dish: Appetizers
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner, Snack
- Main Ingredient: Tomato, Carrots, MIso, Avocado, Basil
- Difficulty: Easy
- Equipment Needed: Food Processor
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Serves: 2
A quick, fun and easy recipe for a spruced up avocado lunch or snack, or appetizer during dinner. Use miniature Hass avocados if making appetizers or larger Reed avocados if this recipe is going to be the main part of a meal. This recipe will look gourmet even though it takes only minutes to throw together.
60 g (1/2 cup) Raw Living Sunseeds *
1 carrot, chopped
4 sun dried tomatoes
1 tsp miso
1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
1/4 red onion
small handful fresh basil leaves
30 g (1/2 cup) alfalfa sprouts
2 small avocados
1) Put everything apart from the alfalfa and avocados in the food processor. Process for a couple of minutes until you have a thick puree.
2) Next, slice the avocados in half and remove the stones. Then fill the holes where the stones were with the mixture, and cover the flesh with a thin layer.
3) Top with alfalfa sprouts, to cover each half, and serve on a bed of lettuce.
*Sunseeds [http://www.rawliving.eu/sunseeds-100g.html] are our crunchy munchy mix of pumpkin and sunflower seeds. If you can't get them, use seeds that you have soaked, sprouted and dehydrated yourself.
Takes 10 mins to make.