Superfood Fudge Brownies
- Course/Dish: Chocolate
- Meals: Snack
- Main Ingredient: Chocolate, Dates
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- Equipment Needed: Dehydrator, Food Processor
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Serves: 12-14 peeps
What do you get when you combine pecans, loads of raw cacao, dates and a plethora of different superfoods? Well, you get this amazing superfood brownie recipe from Jason Wrobel! Whip these up and nourish those organs and glands with a host of different potent superfoods like goji berries, golden berries, mulberries, cherries, shilajit, maca, and a touch of your favorite superfood green powder. The King amongst brownies!
4 cups raw pecans, soaked & dehydrated
3/4 cups dates, pitted & packed
3/4 cups raw cacao powder
1 teaspoon Vitamineral Green or other superfood greens powder
1 teaspoon maca powder
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon shilajit powder
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika or cayenne
1 teaspoon ground vanilla
¼ cup dried black cherries, goji berries, golden berries or mulberries, reserved
1/2 cup crushed raw pecans, reserved
1) In a food processor, process the pecans until slightly chunky and mealy. Do not overprocess into pecan butter.
2) Slowly add the dates while the food processor is running and rock the base of the food processor to combine evenly. Then, add all remaining ingredients, except reserved cherries and pecans, and process again until well combined.
3) Take a glass baking dish (8X8 size) and gently grease with coconut oil. Add the brownie mixture and fold in the reserved cherries/berries and pecans. Press down with your palms to spread the mixture evenly and refrigerate for 30 minutes to set. Cut brownies into squares and serve with warm fudge sauce or non-dairy ice cream.
Keeps for up to a week in a covered baking dish in the fridge.