Sweet Peppers and Collards Salad
- Course/Dish: Salads
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner
- Main Ingredient: Tomato, Hemp Seeds, Bell Pepper
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Makes: 1 large salad
Brandi says, "This has been one of my favorite salads of the summer! It's amazing and perfect for the late summer and early fall when peppers are inexpensive and plentiful!" If collards aren't your thing try kale in this recipe too, both will be totally delicious!
3 medium collard leaves
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
sea salt to taste
1 clove garlic
4-5 pieces of dried tomatoes
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
2 tbsp hemp seeds
1/2 red or orange bell pepper
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1) Layer the collard or kale leaves on top of each other, roll them into a burrito, and cut them into thin 1/4-inch slices.
2) Place the sliced greens into a large bowl, and add the salt and vinegar, and mix well.
3) Mince the garlic and dried tomatoes. Now, add the garlic, dried tomatoes, nutritional yeast, and hemp seeds to the greens and mix.
4) Slice the sweet bell pepper and add it to the greens.
5) Add the olive oil and mix well.
6) Allow the greens to sit for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy!
Tips to reduce the cost:
• Purchase sweet bell peppers from your local farm when they are in-season during the late summer or early fall! If you have signed up for a summer CSA, you will naturally find a wonderful variety of peppers in your weekly box!