Tahini Kale Chips
- Course/Dish: Appetizers, Dehydrated
- Meals: Snack
- Main Ingredient: Lemon, Kale, Cilantro, Tahini, Onion
- Difficulty: Easy
- Equipment Needed: Blender, Dehydrator
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 1
- Serves: 1-2
Every one knows how amazing leafy green vegetables are for you. No one is questioning whether they should eat more greens, most people believe they should! The question is then how to get more greens in the diet in a delicious and convenient way. This recipe is both of those things and combines vitamin and mineral packed kale with a generous dose of rich sesame tahini which is also known for being high in bone strengthening calcium. Eat your greens and become stronger and healthier! These kale chips are light and crispy and have just the perfect amount of sauce on them for that melt in your mouth consistency once dried. Tahini kale chips....simply a classic....
1 bunch of kale
2 tbsp raw tahini
1 clove garlic, grated
juice of 1/2 lemon
2 green onions
1/2 bunch of cilantro
pinch of salt
water to thin if required.
1) Remove the stem from the kale and tear the leaves into bite sized pieces.
2) Add all of the other ingredients to your blender or food processor and pulse until it is a smooth thick dressing.
3) Toss the kale in the dressing to coat each piece. Spread out on your dehydrator trays (or on a baking sheet lined with parchment). Turn the dehydrator on for 3-4 hours at 110 degrees or in your oven at the lowest temperature with the door slightly ajar for about 30-45 minutes. You want to achieve a really crisp texture so that they almost dissolve on your tongue.
Enjoy the bone building power in each bite.