Tangy Chipotle Cilantro Cream
- Course/Dish: Dressings
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner
- Main Ingredient: Tomato, Lemon, Cashews, Cilantro
- Difficulty: Easy
- Equipment Needed: Blender
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 1.5
- Makes: 2-3 cups
This is tangy, thick and downright delicious! It could be thinned slightly for a wonderful salad dressing as well.
1/2 cup macadamia nuts
1/2 cup cashews
1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon water
5 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
3/4 teaspoon himalayan salt
1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
1 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons finely chopped sun dried tomato
(The ones I used were packed in olive oil but you could use dried ones that have been soaked for a little while)
1) Blend all but the cilantro and tomato, until completely smooth and creamy.
2) Add the last two ingredients and blend on low very briefly to keep texture.