Thai Lettuce Wraps
- Course/Dish: Main Course
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner, Snack
- Main Ingredient: Carrots, Cilantro
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Cuisine: Thai
- Equipment Needed: Food Processor
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Serves: 4
Tasty raw Thai lettuce wraps with a walnut veggie filling, topped with bean sprouts and a yummy sesame ginger dipping sauce.
1 1/2 cups Walnuts
1/2 cup celery, diced
1/2 cup diced carrots
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup fresh Cilantro,minced
1/4 cup Scallions, minced (greens only)
1/4 cup raw wild honey
1/8 cup Nama Shoyu
½ teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
1 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
1 Tablespoons hulled sesame seeds
1 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
1 teaspoons red pepper flakes
1 head of Lettuce, Butter, Bib, or Romaine
Mung Bean sprouts
1. Gently pull apart lettuce leaves, wash and let dry on paper towel
2. Prepare the sauce in a food processor fitted with an s-blade by adding all ingredients and pulsing 3-4 times.
3. Add walnuts to the processor and pulse 4-5 times until meat of walnut is the consistency of ground meat.
4. Add vegetables to processor and pulse 3-4 more times until all ingredients are incorporated.
5. Place 2-3 lettuce leaves on plate, scoop 2-3 tablespoons of walnut meat mixture in to leaf.
6. Garnish with Mung Beans, and grated carrot