The Fully Raw Burrito
- Course/Dish: Main Course
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner
- Main Ingredient: Tomato, Lemon, Carrots, Zucchini, Avocado, Bell Pepper, Cilantro
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Equipment Needed: Blender
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Makes: 3-4
Kristina says, "Who wants a FullyRaw Burrito ya'll?! Hope you're hungry because this one is filling and satisfying to every tastebud on your palatte! It's low fat so take a big bite!" She definitely knows how to take low fat raw vegan cuisine and turn it up a notch or two. You will not feel like you're missing out on anything when you make and devour this ultra fresh and colorful recipe!
Check out Kristina's Youtube Channel for demos of all her favorite recipes!
For the burritos:
Large Collards Leaves
1-3 Colorful Bell Peppers
Half of One Zucchini
1-2 Shredded Carrots
Juice of 3 Lemons
Tomatoes (Beefsteal or Cherry)
Small Bunch of Cilantro
Few Leaves of Arugula
Tsp of Cumin
Less than a Quarter Cup of Sesame Seeds
Quarter of an Avocado
Optional: Red Onion, Spicy Peppers, and Celery Bits
For the Awesomesauce!
Half a Zuccini (more if desired)
Less than the quarter cup of Sesame Seeds
Juice of 3 Lemons
Few Sprigs of Green Onion
1 Bell Pepper (preferably red)
Optional: Spicy Pepper
1) Take your collard leaf and destem the backend (not fully), but just enough to take away the very thick part of the stem as shown in the YouTube video above.
2) Lay out your leaf.
3) Blend the ingredients for the saucy spread! Spread on the AWESOMESAUCE with the ingredients listed above.
4) Spread the Awesomesauce on the back of the leaf.
5) Chop, slice, and dice all other ingredients and layer them on top of the sauce on the leaf.
6) Top with a slice of avocado, sprouts, or more sauce!
7) Fold in the sides and wrap around the ends.
8) Flip over the burrito "baby" and cut it in half with a knife!
Allow all the beautiful colors inside to be shown to you....
Take a BIG BITE and savor!