The Raw Goddess Bowl
- Course/Dish: Main Course
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner
- Main Ingredient: Tomato, Seaweed, Kale, Hemp Seeds, Avocado, Tahini
- Difficulty: Easy
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 1, Phase 1.5
- Serves: 1
A true power meal recipe, this bowl combines a few nutritionally dense superstars: avocado, hemp, kale, and kelp! The two dressings included within this recipe work really well together or you can divide your bowl half and half with smoked avocado cumin on one side and balsamic tahini on the other. This recipe was inspired by a culinary creation from Blossoming Lotus Cafe in Portland, OR. You can lightly steam and blanch the cruciferous vegetables or keep them raw, it is up to you.
3 cups kale, chopped
1/2 cup broccoli florets, chopped
1/2 zucchini, spiralized
1/2 cup kelp noodles, soaked and drained
1/3 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tbsp hemp seeds
Smoked Avocado Cumin Dressing (Yields 1 1/4 cups)
1 small avocado
1 tbsp cumin powder
Juice of 2 limes
Few shakes liquid smoke (it’s strong, so stop and taste after a few drops)
1 cup water
1/4 tsp salt
Dash cayenne pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
Balsamic Tahini Dressing (yields 1 1/2 cups)
1/2 cup tahini
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3/4 cup water
1/4 tsp garlic powder (or 1/2 clove finely minced garlic)
1 tbsp tamari or nama shoyu
1) Lightly steam kale and broccoli, and blanch in cool water to retain freshness and color.
2) Mix zucchini and kelp noodles, and toss them with a generous serving of smoked avocado cumin dressing. Add cherry tomatoes and toss again.
3) Plate the kale and broccoli, and drizzle them with some balsamic tahini dressing. Top them with the dressed noodles and tomatoes and then sprinkle the whole dish with hemp seeds. Serve.
Smoked Avocado Cumin Dressing
1) Blend all ingredients together in a blender or processor till smooth.
2) Add olive oil in a thin stream (with machine running) till dressing is creamy.
Balsamic Tahini Dressing
1) Blend all ingredients together in a food processor.
2) Enjoy over salad, as a sandwich/falafel dressing, or as a dip. Adjust the water in the recipe to suit your purposes: you may want to add a bit more or less depending on whether this is a dip or dressing.