Triple Berry Cake
- Course/Dish: Cakes
- Main Ingredient: Raspberry, Cashews, Almonds, Dates
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Equipment Needed: Blender, Food Processor
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Makes: 1 cake, in 6 inch springform pan
A beautiful, rich, decadent raw cake with simple ingredients that come together easily. The berries lend an amazing color and contrast against a creamy cashew and almond milk base.
1 1/2 cups pecans or walnuts
1 cup pitted, packed medjool dates, chopped
1 1/4 cup almond milk
1 1/2 cups cashews
1/3 cup agave
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup melted cacao butter
1 tablespoon lecithin
2 cups mixed berries, set aside
(raspberries, blackberries, blueberries)
1) In a food processor, grind the nuts and dates together into a slightly sticky dough. Add 1 -2 tsp water if needed.
2) Press into the bottom of a 6” springform pan, or into a pie plate.
1) Blend the first four ingredients until completely smooth. Add the cacao butter and lecithin. Continue blending until incorporated. Transfer 1 cup of this mixture into a bowl.
2) Add the berries to the remaining cream in the blender and pulse the berries until they start to break down, keeping some texture. Transfer the berry mixture into a bowl.
1) Pour half of one cream onto the crust. Pour the other half on top. Continue, pouring the first cream on top, followed by the second.
2) Now, with a knife, swirl the two creams together into a pretty pattern.
3) Chill the cake for a few hours, or until firm.