- Course/Dish: Appetizers
- Meals: Dinner
- Main Ingredient: Tomato, Bell Pepper, Cilantro
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: Turkish
- Equipment Needed: Blender, Dehydrator
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 1
- Serves: 5-6
For this recipe you can use any vegetables of your choice marinated in an aromatic mixture of oils, herbs, and spices.
2 each orange and red bell peppers - cut into different holiday shapes
1 package crimini mushrooms - cut in halves or quarters, depending on the size
yellow grape tomatoes
1 onion - cut into 1" pieces
1 eggplant - cut into 1" pieces
(adapted from The Raw 50)
1 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 red bell pepper - chopped
juice of 2 limes
2 tablespoons grated ginger
2 teaspoons minced garlic
salt - to taste
1 cup fresh cilantro
1) Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes
2) Mix all the marinade ingredients, except the cilantro, in a blender.
3) Add the cilantro and pulse to incorporate.
4) Thread the vegetables on the skewers, and pour marinade over them. Place kebabs in the dehydrator to marinate at 95F for 2 hours or more.