Watermelon Peach Salad with Lime Vinaigrette
- Course/Dish: Salads
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner, Snack
- Main Ingredient: Tomato, Basil, Watermelon
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Serves: 1-4
A stunning Summer salad with some of the season's greatest fruity treasures! Freshly diced watermelon combines with peaches and tomatoes dressed with a lime and coconut nectar vinaigrette!
4 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
1 cup tomatoes, diced the same size as watermelon pieces
2 peaches, sliced 1/4 inch thick
juice of 2 limes
1 tsp coconut nectar (or raw honey or agave)
dash sea salt
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
handful basil, whole or chiffonade
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (toasted or raw)
1) Place the watermelon, peaches and tomatoes in a large mixing bowl.
2) Make the lime vinaigrette by adding the ingredients, minus the olive oil to a blender or food processor. Blend, and slowly pour in the olive oil.
3) Drizzle about 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette onto the salad, stir in basil and half of the pumpkin seeds. When serving, drizzle a bit more of the dressing onto the salad, and garnish with more seeds.