Winter Kale Salad with Cranberry Poppy Seed Dressing
- Course/Dish: Salads
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner
- Main Ingredient: Lemon, Kale, Cranberry
- Difficulty: Easy
- Equipment Needed: Blender
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 2
- Serves: 2-4
Festive and delicious, this salad can be eaten alone or as a side dish. Kale is a great source of calcium, excellent for keeping the skin supple.
1 bunch kale, stems removed and shredded
1 pear, diced
1/4 cup dried cranberries
pinch of sea salt
1/2 cup flax oil
1 cup fresh cranberries
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon grated onion
1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 -1/2 cup water, for desired consistency
1) Place shredded kale in a salad bowl, sprinkle kale lightly with sea salt and massage gently to soften. Let sit.
2) Place flax oil, cranberries, honey, onion, lemon juice, poppy seeds and salt into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Add water for desired consistency.
3) Pour desired amount over softened kale, and mix.
4) Add Pears and cranberries, then mix and serve.