Yam Salad with Hemp Poppy Seed Dressing
- Course/Dish: Salads, Appetizers
- Main Ingredient: Cabbage
- Difficulty: Easy
- Equipment Needed: Food Processor
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 1.5
- Serves: 6-8 as a side
Sweet yams tossed with crunchy cabbage, nutty hemp oil and delicate poppy seeds make a deliciously tasty and gorgeously colored autumn side dish.
* 6 cups shredded yams (about 4 small, peeled yams, shredded in your food processor)
* 3 cups shredded purple cabbage (preferably shredded very finely using a mandoline)
* 3/4 cup finely sliced red onion
* 1/2 cup hemp oil or olive oil
* 2 tablespoons poppy seed
* 1 tablespoon coconut or apple cider vinegar
* 1 1/2 teaspoons Himalayan salt
1) Toss all ingredients in a large bowl and mix very well. Serve & enjoy!