Zucchini Pasta with Marinara Sauce
- Course/Dish: Main Course
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner
- Main Ingredient: Tomato, Zucchini, Bell Pepper, Basil, Onion
- Difficulty: Easy
- Cuisine: Italian
- Equipment Needed: Food Processor
- Rainbow Green Cuisine: Phase 1.5
- Serves: 2
When it's hot out no one wants to be slaving over a stove of boiling noodles. This is why raw recipes make so much more sense during the summer season! When it comes to raw pasta the secret is definitely in the sauce, and having a nice balance of salt, tang, and sweet will make all the difference. Enjoy this mouth watering pasta marinara by Lisa Viger for dinner tonight and keep the heat out of the kitchen.
2 ripe tomatoes
6 pieces sun dried tomatoes
1 small onion
1/2 red bell pepper
1 tablespoon coconut nectar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 medium zucchini, noodled and marinated
1) Puree the sauce ingredients in a food processor fitted with an "S" blade. Let process for a few minutes until very creamy (or don't process as long if you like it more chunky, but it won't be like Spaghetti-Os!).
2) Make noodles in your usual way from the zucchini. I marinated mine for about an hour in a tablespoon of the basil and oregano flavored olive oil from last week, with a bit of salt. Serve with the marinara sauce and a dash of basil and oregano.